5 Tips to Feel Happier in Your SkinApr 19, 2022
The ultimate goal of everyone seems to be the achievement of happiness. And for most people, their appearance is an excellent source of joy - or sadness. I'll go out on a limb here and say it's mostly apathy.
Today's world forces us to focus on how we look. We see it all over us in advertisements, at the gym and on Social Media and many judge people on looks rather than personality. Getting judged on our looks from birth often causes us to evaluate our entire existence on our appearance. I grew up with this also. Comments about my body or how skinny I was or how I needed to eat more were constant. Where I come from it was better to be a chubby kid than a skinny one. We were always forced to finish our meals. So focusing on appearance was common for us. However, we now know that nothing in our appearance can determine our worth.
But let's be honest, not everyone gets the hang of this just yet. Even as we grow up, we think we should look a certain way. We may even fudge some things here and there to fit into what we think others expect of us.
The problem is this: We sometimes don't accept ourselves because of how we think people view us. But again, speaking honestly... we can be really harsh with ourselves.
What can we do, then, to feel happy in our skin? Try these:
- Form good social media habits. You may be surprised to hear that social media sets you up for failure. (Unless you follow me :-D) But every time you hide flaws by editing your selfie or remind yourself how you used to be by posting a photo of yourself when you were younger, you're undermining your self-esteem.
- When we're constantly comparing our lives to others, we feel as if we lack something. This process is likely to keep us feeling stressed.
- If you wish to boost your confidence, avoid wasting time scrolling through your news feed and start having conversations with real people.
- Discover the right balance between outer and inner beauty. There's nothing wrong with trying to look as beautiful as you can. We all should! But as much as you pay attention to your appearance, it's essential to pay equal attention to your inner beauty.
- Learn to forgive yourself and permit yourself to be "imperfect". You're a beautiful human being, and you deserve to love yourself for who you are. Remember, God doesn't make mistakes!
- Finding what makes you happy and doing more of that brings you lasting happiness. Becoming happier requires commitment, but it's worth it to provide yourself with the love and acceptance you deserve. What brings you joy? Do more of that if you can.
- Take care of your stress levels. While some stress is natural, chronic stress can harm your health. For example:
- Stress can make your skin look older than it might be.
- It also causes you to crave more sugar, which disrupts your gut health, leading your body to feel sluggish.
- Another effect of chronic stress is an inability to enjoy being on good terms with yourself, others, and the world around you.
- The sooner we realize that our mental and physical health are intertwined, the sooner we can start living more fulfilling lives.
Choose to become the best version of yourself each day. It's no easy task, but start by focusing on all aspects of yourself, not just your physical appearance, and work on getting level ten success in every part of your life. Start small. From being present, spending quiet time, brushing your teeth early so you don't snack late, etc. There are many ways to improve habits.
- Find work that you love. Feeling happy in your skin doesn't involve only taking care of your physical appearance. It also includes finding a job that you love.
- If you have a gift to help others, help them. If you have a passion for creating an impact, make an impact. If you have a big vision, go after it.
- There is no need to compromise when pursuing your passion or helping others. In fact, it's your duty and responsibility to do so. A job you love will make you happier in your skin by allowing you to focus on your passion and purpose.
It's important to remember that happiness doesn't lie in your physical appearance. If you take the time to figure out what makes you happy in your life and how to increase your level of happiness, you'll be well on your way to finding joy in your skin.
If you feel like exploring this further or setting up a customized plan for your best life, click the button below to schedule a free 15 minute session with me to learn what's possible for you starting today!
Ready for next steps? Schedule a free discovery session with Mary to discuss your life or business goals.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.