Five Healthy Foods That Make You Feel GreatJan 01, 2018
Isn't it amazing that there are hundreds upon hundreds of over-the-counter medications for every possible ailment, ache, pain, and mood - and yet many people still do not look to food as their source of power?
Mother Nature knew exactly what she was doing when she provided us with all that we need for a healthy, well-balanced diet and the tools that we need to get through our day, our week, and our lifetime.
While every food has its benefits, here are the five most worth mentioning:
1. Chicken. The white meat found in chicken contains the essential vitamins B12, B6, and B3. Chicken can assist in lowering your risk of stroke and also boost your mood. Chicken is low in fat (especially with the skin removed) and high in protein. Besides all the nutritional benefits, chicken is so versatile; it can be cooked in so many ways using a variety of tools such as the outdoor grill or an indoor rotisserie. And the B vitamins provide a host of benefits such as:
- Fighting off anemia
- Maintaining healthy blood cells
- Warding off heart disease
- Increasing energy
- Boosting the immune system
- Converting carbohydrates into energy
2. Broccoli and salads: Broccoli and salads, especially salads made with leaf spinach, have many benefits. Broccoli contains vitamins A, C, and E while spinach provides folate, which helps to maintain and produce newer healthier cells for the body. Vitamins such as A, C, and E help to boost the immune system; this could mean less time off sick and shorter duration of ailments such as the common cold.
3. Bananas: For a sweet treat any time during the day, reach for a banana. The benefits of a banana are numerous. You can choose to eat a banana as it is, or you can add it to a yogurt or a bowl of multi-grain cereal. Either way, you will gain the benefit of a quick energy boost that sustains you for several hours along with the mood-altering benefit of the B6 vitamin that bananas are rich in. In addition, they taste good too!
4. Dark chocolate: The good news is that good quality, dark chocolate has many benefits to help make you feel great. The cocoa in chocolate has heart-healthy benefits such as lowering your cholesterol and reducing heart disease. That is not all; dark chocolate can lift your mood significantly with its tryptophan and magnesium. Grabbing a piece of high quality dark chocolate will not only help your heart, it will also help your mind.
5. Whole grains: Whole grains have been found to contain selenium which has been shown to significantly reduce depression. Whole grain breads with your favorite spread or even an all-natural almond butter provide fiber, selenium, and protein. The nice thing about whole grains is that you can mix and match whole grain breads with different spreads and come out with a variety of healthy foods that make you feel great in the end.
Ready for next steps? Schedule a free discovery session with Mary to discuss your life or business goals.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.